Articles on Dual Career Issues
- NEW! A Client Profile of a Dual Career Family in Transition: http://www.techvalleyconnect.com/2013/05/dual-career-family-in-transition/?back=.gde_2075109_member_245005762, TechValley Connect, 2013
- Love In (and Out of) Academe by Shari Wilson Inside Higher Ed.com 2005
- Two Academic Careers and One Fulfilling Job by Elisabeth and Lewis Perry The Chronicle Review March 17, 2000
- Dual Career Scientific Couples: Relocating Both of You by David Jensen ScienceCareers.Org, May ,1998
- Quintessential Careers: Q&A with Michelle Fleig-Palmer in QuintZine at www.quintcareers.com
Books and Articles
- Being Together, Working Apart: Dual Career Families and the Work-Life Balance edited by Barbara Schneider and Linda J. Waite. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge: 2005.
- Lesbian Academic Couples edited by Michelle Gibson and Deborah T. Meem. Harrington Park Press, New York: 2005.
- The Two Body Problem: Dual-Career-Couple Hiring Policies in Higher Education by Lisa Wolf-Wendel, Susan B. Twombly, and Suzanne Rice. Johns Hopkins, Baltimore: 2004.
- “Dual Career Couples: Keeping Them Together” by Lisa Wolf- Wendel, Susan B. Twombly, and Suzanne Rice. The Journal of Higher Education Vol. 71, No. 3 May, 2000 pp. 291-321.
- Working Equal: Collaboration among Academic Couples by Elizabeth G Creamer. Garland, New York: 2000.
- “Challenges for Higher Education Couples in Commuter Marriages: Insights for Couples and Counselors Who Work With Them” By Sandy Magnuson. Family Journal Vol 7 Issue 2 1999 p.125.
- Academic Couples: Problems and Promises edited by M.A. Ferber and J.W. Loeb University of Illinois Press, Urbana: 1997.
- Getting an Academic Job: Strategies for Success. By Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld and Marcia Lynn Whicker. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 1997. See Chapter 5, “Dual-Careers, Senior and Nonacademic Jobs.”
- “Weary of Commuter Marriages, More Couples in Academe Make Career Sacrifices to be Together.” By Robin Wilson. The Chronicle of Higher Education 20 Sept.1996 A10-11.
- Work Won’t Love You Back: the Dual Career Couple’s Survival Guide by Stevan E. Hobfoll and Ivonne H. Hobfoll. Freeman, New York: 1994.
Major Research Studies and News Releases
- 2009: 2009 Dual Career Programs Survey Results – Administered by the University of Virginia
- 2009: Higher Education Jobs article: Dual Careers in Higher Education. http://www.higheredjobs.com/Articles/articleDisplay.cfm?ID=108
- 2008: Central Virginia Conference newsRelease
- 2008: Dual Career Couples: What Universities Need to Know. Londa Schiebinger, Andrea Davis Henderson, and Shannon K. Gilmartin. Michelle R. Clayman Institute for Gender Research. Stanford University.